Friday, August 13, 2010

New Tyranid Army Pics 3

This time I took some pictures of my fully finished Hormagaunts. The rank and file troops usually aren't that fun, but I had a good time doing these little guys. I plan to have at least another group of these, but for now, I'm going to wait until I finish the rest of the battle force, my tyrant, lictor, and trygon.


Group shot of the scythed group- I put the adrenaline sacs on their backs, as I liked the look of them from what I saw in the codex in the other models. That, and they would have their requisite "green" to tie them even further with the rest of the army.


Shot of two- no idea which ones. I'm not satisfied with the green sacs on their backs, and I'm probably going to redo them, as they lack the "wet" look and have a bit too much white highlight.


Shot of the other two... nope. I lied. Damn bugs all look the same! I was in a hurry (and studying for the GMAT at the time- two weeks before the test, I bought the boxed set... NOT smart) as the seams don't clearly match up on the faces and I probably left a lot of mold marks on without filing them off. Ah well... first army. The rest of the stuff I have now are filed to perfection.


Here are the other two- I thought I'd be doing them in groups of 4, but in an effort to streamline the process, I have the 16 waiting models already sprayed with the body color, washed, highlighted, carapaces painted black, and scythes colored the base brown.


And one final, raised shot.

Now to figure out how to do an entire army shot... I've got some time, but it's still on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment