Monday, August 9, 2010

Kingdom Hearts Cloud Painted

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm pleased to present not one, but two new additions- First and most obvious, is the custom Cloud Strife miniature I created and finally painted. The second, is that I used my new backgrounds and photo booth (courtesy of Corvus Miniatures' blog) to take "nice" pictures of it.

This week will be busy- I have another Warhammer Quest character (Custom Kung-Fu Monk Class) for my younger cousin that I also finished and is awaiting a paint job. Without further ado- Kingdom Hearts Cloud Strife.


The style is a mixture of several different versions of him, not just the obvious body style- probably should get better lighting, but I purposely didn't give him the platinum blond hair a la FF7, but instead went for the golden yellow for blonds found in Final Fantasy Tactics (where Cloud ALSO makes an appearance and kicks major butt)


Close Up- For the entire miniature I tried a couple of new things- using natural opposites on the color wheel and tried non-metallic metal.


The scarf was done with opposites on the color wheel- so instead of highlighting with black/red/ or some more closely related color. So I used the old GW green wash (holy mother at the coverage... they really mean it when they say 'ink') and highlighted it using reds for a very natural looking color. I'll put up another post with my new Skaven Deathmaster. He was done with successive reds and whites then darkened down with washes. Result was totally different and not as good as this deep, bloody red.


Here's looking at you, kid!


Back view and my somewhat successful (not really) attempt at non-metallic metal. I have a feeling this is something I can understand- I think I learned something like this during college when I took traditional art class (b-and-w chalk, charcoal, and pencil media)... just gotta keep on trying!


Remember how I said the entire job takes from several different versions? The sword is my version of the Final Fantasy Advent Children's Buster Sword. I felt the blade would be a bit plain just being huge w/ gradations of black and white, so I freehanded a couple of tech-lines like Zack Fair's original buster sword.


So there you have it- KH, Tactics, FF7 Advent Children all mixed into one model. I had a lot of fun putting him together and painting him! I'll also be putting these pics into a place into this blog's Gallery Section.



--END SYNAPTIC TRANSMISSION--

3 comments:

  1. A number of viewers are keen to watch comic video clips, but I like to watch terrible videos on YouTube.


    ------------------
    Collision repair in Lemon Grove

    ReplyDelete
  2. My accomplice and I bumbled here various site and thought I should look at things. I like what I see so now i'm tailing you. Anticipate looking at your site page over and over.
    Vancouver Commercial Painting

    ReplyDelete