Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hurn Assy Pt 2

Alright... a continuation of my log for this notoriously hard-to-assemble model. After gluing my fingers together a dozen times or so now, this one is done and primed too.


Here's the Hurn w/ wire-arms done, but without the putty. You can see that the method is pretty accurate but the moulding and modifications leave the visible seams that I'll get to as one of the finishing steps.


I can see why they did this, but man... 3 friggin pieces of fragile metal... the center swivel piece which has to be permaglued under the plasmacaster has a small "pin" area that corresponds to the base... no way in hell I'm going to pin that... and with what exactly? Screw that- I glued it all into place.


The semi-finished Hurn w/ Plasmacaster looking menacing.


Side-view of Plasmacaster. I'm going to regret not doing anything to strengthen the bond of the gun to the main body assembly... I know this one will crack off time and again.


The folded, telescopic-spear accessory.



Spear attached to groove. Technically, I could have forgone the whole Plasmacaster set-up (still debating this, actually) and might just take the top portion and mount it nozzle-up on his back, to the left of the spear...


I remembered that most of them have some sort of loin-cloth netting... I wanted to emulate that, so I did the same procedure as Cloud and made him a longer-than-normal one and moulded it to his legs as soon as it was getting a bit more rubbery. Also, while doing this one, I used the excess greenstuff and filled in the spaces between the hands/gauntlets and the gauntlet/elbows.


Sorry... I couldn't resist... a final pic of my assembled Hurn taking the fight to my Trygon/Prime in progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment