Wednesday, August 11, 2010

New Tyranid Army Pics 1

While I do my wholesale army painting, I'm going to be putting up "better" pictures of my army- basically, whatever I have finished (bases and all) . Say goodbye, paint desk! While I personally enjoy my guys running around my GW paint pots, they don't make for very nice pictures. So... here is the final Zoanthrope (revealed earlier on Memorial Day- totally complete)



Head Design Detail - originally I planned to do some sort of insect mimicry "eyes" on the foremost part of the shell, but it just didn't work out and the pattern just didn't pan out with the previous scheme I planned out.


Side view w/ brain detail... mmm... braaaaiiinnss...


Back-Vent Detail- Next project after the rest of my collection is complete is to add special characters... Doom is up next. I've seen some good ones out there that I've taken a few concepts from.


3/4 View and detail on base. I imagine my swarm to be the tail-end of a conquered urban landscape, so again, no fresh blood and guts on my bases (though, it would be cool to see more dynamic models) and 'worn' items - the helmet color I'm not too pleased with. I thought DA Green would be perfect for it, but it was a bit too fresh looking for my tastes. Ah well. Live and learn.

4 comments:

  1. I said it when you chose the scheme and I'll say it again, love the colors, I like the bone/armor plating effect on their heads. Great work keep the pics coming.

    I'm kinda sick of the blue/red/green nid armies flying around everywhere its nice to see a different take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot and there are more pics to come! Thanks for staying tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your zoanthrope looks amazing. That's got to be one of the coolest color schemes I've ever seen for Tyranids... really impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Papa JJ! I just hopped onto your site too! The urban landscape you're making looks wicked! I'm inspired to try my hand at that as well!

    ReplyDelete