Monday, August 16, 2010

New Tyranid Army Pics 4

Alright, this is my final update before I start getting onto some new stuff- I've been working on a group of a Lictor and four more Hormagaunts, and they should be ready later this week. I had an ambitious schedule to finish those by today, along with another Anima Tactics figure- the Colonel, but ended up pretty far short due to studies and family life... and that new XBOX Live Castlevania game... *sigh*... But enough talk! Have at it!

Presenting the photobox pictures for my finished Termagaunts and Ripper Swarms-


Group Shot- I love the ease at which I finish these little guys... After my Warriors, I was on a roll and followed up with the Rippers. Too bad my "Oh, this is gonna be easy!" streak hit the wall after meeting the Hormagaunts, 'Stealers, and Termagaunts.


Shot of 1 group- Love that tusked-one... I might just have to buy another Termagaunt box to get another group- I'm definitely going to have the Parasite special character and Tervigons, so I might as well...


Another group... if only the rest of my troops painted up as fast...

And onto the Termagaunts -


Group Shot- I initially thought of magnetizing my entire army, but then I figured that these guys are cannon fodder, and even if they do suck donkey balls at everything, I can double these miniatures (the dead ones, in-game, anyways) as Tervigon spawn as well - as they come out standard w/ Fleshborers. These guys are kind of a fluke, and I'm wondering if I should redo the gray to their bodies- it was with the previous Zoanthrope that I started them... and new brushes. I had some extreme drybrush malfunction when I did the highlights. That, and I was too drunk at the Hobby Day BBQ to care that much. We'll see if I have time for redos.


I can say that these guys are probably my least favorite model to paint- lots of complex areas- the tail especially- as some of it I just highlighted the up-raised ridge bones, and some of them have the entire triangle encompassing their tails.


One last shot- I'll never give up and paint these guys with "speed"- 4 of them can take a day or more, but I'm in no hurry. I want a good-looking force, even if I'm getting whipped.

And actually, on a final note... I lied. I still have my pretty-much-finished Genestealers. However, I may just finish them all together with the other 4 awaiting their paintjob, and then take pictures. But from here on in, it will be all new pictures- like I said, next on the chopping block is my Lictor! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment