Monday, May 17, 2010

Ta-daaah!! Rippers, baby!!

After a weekend that was way too short, filled with painting, dog-walking, hot nurses at an animal hospital, and video games... I only managed to finish one and a half things on my pre-weekend list. Blast it.

1) Finished the 40% complete Rippers- so really, it wasn't a complete job.

2) I got MOST of the Tyrant's arms drilled and magnetized. However, I got only 1 of 4sockets done on the pewter body... before my hand started getting too ripped up from gripping the drill bit.

Meh, whatever. Here are the rippers-



From the front- I have to admit, the feathering looks much better on these little guys than it does on the Warriors. No idea why, but I'm not enjoying the fact that I take so much time to blend and highlight all the fodder troops... If I was smart, I'd be dipping the troops... but it's just not for me. All this hard work WILL pay off in the end. It is MY swarm... my... precious...



A triangle-shot of the little guys... I'm overall very pleased with the color scheme, but I overdid it on the highlights. I ended up using too much of the final step 5 Blazing Orange + Skull White (peach) color and had to dull parts of it down with Baal Red wash. That, and it forced me to over-highlight my Warriors to fit in a bit more... ugh... I'm never touching those guys again... Wait. I lied. Gotta do the bases still.



...dead sexy. I'm thinking the next time I get a swarm with the little bits, I'm definitely going to make Ripper markers for the Parasite of Mortrex unique character- I'm thinking Imperial Guard... Chest Bursters a la Aliens... and lots Greenstuff conversions...

Side note to self- gotta finish the bases too...



A pic of the next creatures in line for "the treatment". Yes, Genestealers. Why man, WHY did I put those shoulder armor bits on? I could have had an easy eight troops to do without the elaborate blending and feathering stuff... ah well... it'll look better in the end. I'll just keep telling myself that.

No comments:

Post a Comment