Thursday, May 6, 2010

Critiques of Current WIPs and Models

Hmm... set some WIP stuff up on my Cool Mini or Not account- HF Izanagi. Not as good as I hoped, but looking at the other stuff on there, not entirely surprised at the lower results either. I guess it's time to start upping my own personal standards again to get in line with the times. Woe the decade-long absence...

Above are some miniatures converted to various degrees (base models were all from the Anima Tactics line- good stuff, but definitely NOT all 28mm scale) to be used in our anime-themed warband for Games Workshop's WH Quest game- to be painted by yours truly. Guy in front is a Shaolin monk-type character- he got his hair modded for more "volume" (*shakes head*). The guy towards the left was my samurai character- his hair was cut off (originally some wild Medusa-like mane thing) and remade to look like Saotome Alto of Macross Frontier fame as a samurai. Guy in the back is a wizard-type and had got greenstuff added for volume as well... otherwise he'd have a pinhead.

And this is my Queek that has been languishing since I started the 'Nids, Cloud, and this Blog. I'm actually going to work on this model first, before any of the aforementioned Quest guys. On this model, I have plans to practice the non-metallic metal technique. I have a scheme in mind for his weapons and armor... and I'm hoping to put him up on Cool Mini when I finish- hopefully with a more positive reception.

No comments:

Post a Comment