Tuesday, May 18, 2010

New Eye Painting Method?

Hmm... just watched an interest video by MiniWarGaming on Youtube about a Trygon painting contest. Guy won, blah blah blah... but he gave pretty cool details about how he did his stuff. What I personally took out of it-

- Using cork to make rock/rubble. Interesting concept. I've thought about how to do just that before, and on occasion, have used real pebbles with interesting shapes to represent rubble, but I can see a problem if they get too big. Also gives me a reason to drink more wine... hopefully with real cork stoppers.

- Different way of painting green- I've always used a method of GW Dark Angels Green, followed by Green Wash, then highlight with Scorpion Green, and finally a Skull White spec to simulate light on the eyeballs. He used a Green Foundation by GW (no idea what the name is), Scorpion Green highlight, then Green Wash- no highlight. The result was a slimy looking green that I might utilize for other projects.

You can see the video for yourself at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH65tVjOWO4.

No comments:

Post a Comment