Thursday, May 13, 2010

Izanagi's Firstborn Complete!

Success! (Finally!) I just succeeded in completing the 3 warriors... out of... 40ish... in the Battle Force set. After some research and advice from Cool-Mini forum watchers, (didn't *exactly* take the advice, but it did inspire me to try some new things)I finished a carapace scheme which I am proud of- see below.



Mixture is as follows-

1) Mecharite Red + (oldskool) Regal Blue Base - 1.5:1 Ratio (Maroon/Burgundy)
2) Mecharite Red + Scab Red Wide Feathering - 1.5:1 Ratio
3) Mecharite Red + Blood Red Medium Feathering - 1.5:1 Ratio
4) Blazing Orange(oldskool) + Blood Red Fine Feathering - 1:1 Ratio
5) Blazing Orange (oldskool)+ Skull White Highlights on Cresting Areas - 1:1



Surprise attack from the paint pots!!



Detail of the Venom-Cannon Armed (and no, I'm sorry, but I didn't magnetize my guys...) Warrior- On the standard Warriors, the fleshy tubes were done with Dwarf Flesh and successive washes of Red Glaze and Gryphon Sepia for a "wet" look. This one, I painted on the green venom veins w/ Dark Angels Green, washed it with Sepia (when dry) and highlighted on the raised areas with Scorpion Green... may not be the best, but I think it looks great with the flesh tube pumping in ammo to the Warrior's gun.



Trio shot, and a clearer picture of the venom tubes. Also, you can see the final step 5) highlights on the heads. The VC Warrior's are a bit too pronounced... but I like the overall effect- makes it look like a Mexican Red-Knee Tarantula's legs... look it up. It's true.



Izanagi strikes from the dark!! Where they are... more are sure to follow...

Next will be the ripper swarms...

--End Synaptic Transmission--

No comments:

Post a Comment