Monday, May 3, 2010

Color Scheme Connundrum

Hmm... what to do, what to do... how to finish coloring my Tyranid carapaces...? I have one prototype example and one "finished" product which I'm not pleased with...

This one is a black carapace done in GW paint Red Gore, then dabbed in GW Scab Red... then old school GW Red Glaze, (Amazing that crap still works!) but only for the upper body. This is obviously not finished, but done for an example to contrast with the Warrior below-



This one is pretty much finished (aside from re-doing the scythes, but that's beyond the point)- unfortunately, the final highlights of oldschool GW Blood Red (friggin' orange, man... really?) turned the overall color of the red tint... orange...ish...
ALL models will have the final highlight, but how to get that kind of dynamic look without resulting in a pinkish (oh yes, I've tried "lightening up" Scab Red or Gore Red, and came out with a deadly assassin... in a pink cape. My original scheme, thanks to the Tyranid Painter at Fallen Sun Asylum, was a dark grey (almost no highlights, but whatever- I think it was kinda lazy to begin with) with a black carapace and deep red highlights. Hmm... let's try that again.
I'll probably focus on WHQ guys I bought for my cousins from the brand Anima Tactics and modified this week...
--End Synaptic Transmission--

No comments:

Post a Comment