Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hunter In the Dark (oh yea, and cannon-fodder)

That's right... Izanagi is lovin' these awesome Lictor Models! This is my next "big" guy that I'll do in conjunction with more fodder, er, termagaunts. Everything about them- the infiltration, the chameleon predator-skin, the friggin mantis scythes of nightmarish proportions, and last but not least, the face tentacles- the whole deal screams AWESOME! Damn you, cousin, for implying there's anything perverted or "hentai" about them- who the hell is painting a group of men with big phallus shaped guns and rockets on their tanks?? Compensation anyone?? I mean, Who the hell wouldn't want face tentacles if you could suck up people's knowledge by eating their brains??! Sign me up!

Anywho, the problem is, I haven't finished the original 4 termagaunts that I promised myself with my Zoan during the Memorial Weekend Hobby Event, so I'm going to stay strong and finish those before touching my invisible assassin.


Here's a first look at the beauty. I overall have to say that it's a very well made model, especially compared to the Tyrant and Zoanthrope. The Tyrant and Zoanthroape required a lot of putty and didn't fit together as well as I had hoped. However, for this figure, all limbs and head are pinned...


That's right. The head is actually pinned with a copper rod through the rear-most spiracle (aka head-side-vent-hole things) angled into the side of the hood. It's not a direct hole right in the back. The arms also have straight pins in them. Actually, I lie. I pinned them then bent one or two... especially the left side as the bottom rending claw was my first test-mistake. I figured I wanted a very dynamic "here I am!" pose, and transportation would be hell for this model without it.

You can also see my first usage of the 40K basing kit! A SM beak-helmet with two cuts on it. I thought it was fitting considering my backstory, or bits and pieces of it.

I've never actually come up with a backstory for my Fleet either. I imagine HF Izanagi to be at the end of the invasion- the defenses have fallen long ago, and they're just doing the clean-up now. I'm hoping to do a future lictor all in reflective, reflecting the desolate world they've claimed. But that's why on my bases, you're more apt to see skeletons and rusted or beaten up armor rather than bloody chopped corpses... of course, until the "rescue teams" and "expeditionary forces" come down...


A shot of my half-finished Terms. They're actually a bit more than half- the bodies require a re-do, as they were busted up with a new dry-brush malfunction. But the carapaces are what I feel take up the most time- that, and the blended claws. So I'm confident they'll be finished soon.


Hopefully finished soon... I'll do them next post... and if I'm successful... my converted Tyranid project... MAYBE..

--END SYNAPTIC TRANSMISSION--

No comments:

Post a Comment