Friday, April 23, 2010

From the ashes... a phoenix shall rise...

Several years ago, (and by several, I probably mean a decade... about a year or so after FFVII came out and made rakish spiked hair and over-sized swords awesome, and the word "Buster" mean anything other than a D-bag) I created a miniature-version of the iconic hero Cloud Strife. It was a work of love, and one of my great masterpieces lost in the Great Family Exodus. I cried, I pined... and now, after so long, I've decided to create a better version... the Cloud/Vincent hybrid from Kingdom Hearts...



The new Buster Sword... originally was a putty popsicle of about 3/4" wide and almost 2" tall... now about 3/5" wide and still about 1.5" tall... still way too big, but I plan to do a lot of cutting/detailing on it.



The Culexus Assassin from Games Workshop I intend to use as a base. I actually created more than just Cloud too- Vampire Hunter D, Rurouni Kenshin, Ashley Riot, Predator, and Cloud... Ashley Riot actually also used the same base... and damn, do I miss those models too...

Anywho, look at the length of the carved down blade! Dammit... Still too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment