Monday, April 26, 2010

Cloud Progress

This is probably going to look strange seeing the jump from the first post being a naked metal skin-suit body shaved down (GW 40K Assassin enthusiasts will know exactly what parts I shaved down if they take a close look at the body) to being a fully created body with details and almost all the fixings.


Here he is with the hair, the main cloak portion, his claw hand, his boots, pants (no detail straps), and leg armor (belts included) complete. The hair... if you want to try it, make sure it's supported. Too thin, and a small tumble will crack that stuff right off. Too thick... and yea, it won't look right. Texturing such thin pieces sucks. I was also wondering if I should cover the bottom half of his face with the cloak, like the KH Cloud... hmm...

Here he is with the fabled wing- this one is off an old Warhammer Fantasy Chaos Gargoyle my bro had- the primer job is at least a decade old... I've always believed in not making a perfect photo-copy of anything I made. You can see it in movies, you can see it in art work- if I made a perfect carbon copy of Tetsuya Nomura's art (aka, my first Cloud) the mini would be "flat" compared to other minis... hence, never a perfect carbon copy- an imitation, but a version all my own.
Side view with wing (it had to be removed as I didn't finish Cloud's signature FFVII shoulder pad with the 3 metal bars coming out of it)

Back View- I'm going to use more putty to go over the wing, make it look like he draped his scarf, and also mod the strap coming from his waist to accomodate the wing. Will I mod the wing itself to look like KH Cloud's "Nobody-style" bat wing? Maybe, maybe not.
**Note to self- lightly putty over asscrack... stupid skin suits... lookin' like some assless chaps, yo.






No comments:

Post a Comment