Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Death of a Tyrant

...and the return of this prodigal son. After about 3 weeks of non-activity, I'm happy to be writing again. I know I promised a look at my hated foes, the Imperial Guard, but that'll be for next post, as I'm still editing my cousin's answers to suit my purpose... I mean. Wait. What?


Mr. Tyrant... bane of my existence... I was hand-drilling through the pewter. It took about 20-something minutes for one hole (for magnetizing his arms) in the torso... I gave up that endeavor until I came up with a better plan.


Mr. Tyrant. Meet Mr. Powerdrill. SUCKA!! With this baby, I was able to drill the final 3 holes in less than 2 minutes total. The holes were perfect, as was the play between the holes and the magnets I stuck into the arms. For ease of process, I did the arms first, then stuck TWO magnets. One inserted into the arm, the other stuck onto the implant magnet. I then colored the backend of the free magnet with some light paint for insertion indication, and voila! Perfect arms without having to rip out any flipped magnets!


Perfect!


In fact, I was feeling so good about the Tyrant, I decided to continue with the Tyrant's extreme modification I hinted at much earlier, (see 'Scheduled Interruption')I thought that instead of the bottom two vents, I would have bee-wings. That turned out to be a fluke, as I want to have Gargoyles, but I'll be damned if I have to cut off their arms and modify all 30+ of them to have insect wings as well. McEff NO.


Instead, I went with creating tri-ports on his now-bare lower-back, to house these deadly whip-lash implants- I have no idea what they will represent in-game, perhaps Poison, or Implant Attack... These, coincidentally, are also practice for the whip-laden maws of the Mycetic spores I plan to have at my disposal.


And one final picture... Biomorphs and... blood suckers?? Looks like this website might undergo some changes in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment